We bring here information about how we collect and use our customers' personal data when they access our website. BRF S.A. will never sell its customers' data or allow third parties to have access to your data without proper authorization, as clarified in this policy.
Who are we?
BRF S.A., registered with CNPJ under no. 01.838.723/0001-27, is a Brazilian multinational company with address in the city of São Paulo - SP, located at Rua Hungary, 1.400, Jardim Europa, CEP 01455-000.
The trademarks "SADIA", "BRF", "BRASIL FOODS" and others related to the products and services mentioned on our website are registered or pending registration trademarks of BRF S.A. or other companies in the group.
What data do we collect?
We collect technical data from the device and system used to access the website – date and time of access, IP number, device type and model, browser type and version, browser language.
We also obtain your personally identifiable information, contact details and communications information with us through user-filled fields on the website – name, email, phone numbers, address, date of birth, CPF and how you would like to be called, as well as subject, message and attachments in case of communications.
In addition to this information we access, our website also collects information about your browsing behavior on the site and your interaction with us through cookies (see below).
How do we collect your data?
Your personally identifiable and contact information is collected only when you register on our website, contact us through it or sign up to receive our information and advertising material.
If you use registration and login option through some social network, your data will be collected from this network after password validation and specific authorization for sharing with us.
Other information is automatically collected by simple access and navigation on our website, including through cookies (see below).
For what purposes do we use your data?
Your registration information is used so that we can offer various features on our website regarding our exclusive products and services of the portal, such as Favorites List, which allows you to register your favorite products and recipes, and Shopping List, which allows you to add products and ingredients from recipes your ingredients in a list, among others. Your data will not be used for any other purpose unless you decide to use some other function of our website.
We collect your personally identifiable and contact information for the purpose of returning your contact with us and establishing communication regarding your questions and inquiries, as well as to offer you more information about our products, services and promotions in which you have shown interest. This data will be kept with us for as long as necessary to fulfill this purpose.
We also use this information for direct marketing purposes in cases where you freely consent to the sending of advertising and information material. You may cancel this submission at any time by contacting us or via a dedicated link in the messages themselves.
Data collected automatically by access, navigation and interaction with us and our website will be used for the purpose of registering access to user registrations maintained on our website, in order to increase protection against fraud and harm to our users and third parties. We keep records of all access to the website for 6 months of collection, as required by the Internet Civil Framework (Law No. 12,965/2014).
What cookies are used?
When you access our website, your computer receives some "cookies", i.e. text files through which some information is collected and stored automatically by us and the companies with which we work.
- Features: We use our own cookies to collect data from your device and system in order to keep you logged in and for the website to be presented in the most appropriate and optimized way for your viewing – these cookies are retrieved every visit to the website and have an expiration period of 7 days.
- Analytics: We use third-party cookies to analyze your behavior as a user of our website, so that we can identify poorly used links, browsing difficulties, unfriendly functions, among other problems for our customers' experience on our website – these cookies expire as defined by the companies responsible, and we only have access to unidentified data (i.e. anonymized), which are sufficient for our analysis.
- Advertisers: We use third-party cookies to obtain information about your preferences according to your browsing of our website, including pages accessed, websites from which you came and where you went, identifying numbers, browser type and operating system, model and type of device used, and identifying device numbers, so that we can understand the impact of our campaigns – these cookies expire as defined by the companies in question and we only have access to unidentified data (i.e. anonymized), but part of the individualized information about you is collected by companies to deliver advertising, including on other websites, according to their patterns of behavior when browsing the web.
Your browser can be configured to refuse to receive cookies and has functions to remove them at any time. Check the options and tools available in the respective menu.
How do we store your data?
Your data will be secure on the cloud servers of our website, operated by companies located in Brazil and duly contracted by BRF S.A.
We take the necessary precautions to prevent the loss and leakage of your data and control access to the information we have about you by using appropriate technical and management measures for the sensitivity of the information we control.
Who else has access to your data?
In addition to BRF S.A. itself and other companies in its economic group to the extent necessary to achieve the specific purposes of our website listed above, the following companies will have access to your data when you browse our website:
- Advertising company and digital solutions that operates and manages our website under our instructions.
- Customer relationship management platforms through which we manage interaction with our users.
- Social networks – in the case of creating registration through social network, this company will have registration and login information in the form of its own privacy policies.
- Cookies - we use third-party cookies to analyze website usage and advertising, in the form of the specific topic of this document.
What are my rights with respect to the collection and use of my data?
BRF S.A. guarantees the following rights to users with respect to the collection and use of data through our website:
- confirmation of the existence of processing of your personal data by BRF S.A.;
- access to data held by BRF S.A.;
- the correction of any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
- the blocking, deletion or anonymization of unnecessary, excessive or processed data in breach of legislation;
- portability of your personal data to another company, upon express request, observing our trade and industrial secrets and official regulations on the subject;
- the deletion, when requested, of personal data collected with your consent, in the form of applicable law;
- information of public and private entities with which there was shared use of their data;
- information about the possibility of not providing your consent and about the consequences of the negative, in cases where your data are collected and processed with consent; And
- revocation of your consent to the collection and processing of data in these same cases.
Your rights may be exercised directly through the website options panel, if you have a registration, or by contacting our service channels below.
How can our privacy practices be changed?
Our privacy and data protection policies and practices are constantly reviewed and updated to meet the highest national and international standards and may be changed at any time. Our privacy notices will be updated to reflect such changes and their latest versions will be posted on this page.
This policy was last updated on June 3, 2020.
How to contact us?