- Preheat oven to 220°C. Then clean the chicken and remove excess fat.
- Thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels and place it breast side up, on a rack set over a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush chicken with melted butter and then sprinkle with minced garlic.
- In a small bowl combine salt, basil, thyme, and pepper. Rub onto the chicken well with garlic as well.
- Add some salt to the inside of the cavity and fill the cavity with lemon slices, rosemary, and garlic cloves.
- Tie the legs together, and tuck the wings under the body of the chicken.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 200°C and continue to cook until done, for about 1 more hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the chicken with the excess juices left.
- Let rest for about 15 to 20 minutes before cutting. Serve with steamed Sadia Cut Green Beans or Sadia Mixed Vegetables if desired.