- 2 Cups Hot water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate molasses
- 1 Lemon, sliced for garnishing
- In a big pot over high heat, heat the vegetable oil well and arrange the chicken pieces in one layer (skin face down) and let to slightly golden then flip to the other side.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 3 minutes to translucent.
- Add all the spices together and stir well to cover the chicken pieces. Cover the pot and leave for 10 minutes over medium heat to let the chicken absorb the spices flavor.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste and stir well, then add the hot water and stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the okra and leave to cook for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pan heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic with fresh coriander to wilt.
- Add the garlic and coriander to the okra and chicken stew and stir a bit to combine then leave it to simmer for a few more minutes.
- Place the stew on a big serving plate. Garnish with lemon slices and serve warm with cooked rice.