- 500g Sadia Chicken Drumsticks
- 250g basmati rice
- 1½ cup yogurt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 small green cardamom pods
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 4-5 cloves
- 20 saffron strands
- ¼ cup milk
- 3-4 tbsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Crispy onions for garnishing
- Pomegranate seeds
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the onions. Fry the onions until they are dark brown but not burned. Drain onions from the ghee and set aside.
- To marinate the chicken: Mix together chicken drumsticks, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt, chili powder, more than half of the cilantro, half of the fried onions, and the leftover ghee.
- Set a large pan on low heat and cook the chicken until the chicken is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Set it aside.
- Soak the saffron in milk and set aside.
- Soak the rice in boiled water with salt, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and set aside.
- Grease the bottom of a deep pot with ghee then add the soaked rice. Pour the saffron milk then arrange the drumsticks on top.
- Put the pot on low heat. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Press some rice into a small bowl and flip it on a serving plate. Remove the bowl and lay 2 drumsticks next to it. Garnish with crispy onion, fresh coriander, and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!