- In a large pot over medium high heat melt the butter and toss in the washed rice and vegetables with turmeric and salt and stir well. Add water and reduce heat to low.
- Cover the pot and leave for 15 minutes or until the rice absorb all the water and well cooked.
- Meanwhile fry the chicken popcorn in a frying pan with the vegetable oil to golden color. Place them on kitchen paper to remove the excess oil.
- Pour the sweet and sour sauce in a bowl and toss all the chicken popcorn in it to coat well.
- Scoop the rice in an individual serving plates and place on top of it some of sweet and sour chicken popcorn. Serve warm with extra sweet and sour sauce aside.
Note: the chicken popcorn can be cooked in the oven, pan fried or in an air fryer based on your convenience. Just make sure to spray them with cooking spray before cooking in the oven.