- 500g Sadia Chicken Livers
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnishing
- Fresh lemon slices for serving
- Ready hummus for serving
- Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Rinse the chicken livers under running water. Cut the two lobes of the livers in half.
- Pour the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion, stirring often over medium heat until the onions are golden in color.
- Remove the onions with a slotted spoon to one bowl and the oil to a different bowl. Set both aside.
- Add the flour to a deep bowl, then dredge the liver in flour shaking off excess flour.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of the oil used earlier to a large skillet and preheat over medium heat. Add the chicken livers and cook over medium heat in batches, without overcrowding the pan on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Do not overcook the liver or it will taste chalky.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper right away.
- Transfer the liver to a flat serving plate lined with Arabic bread, placing the onions on top of the liver and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately with hummus garnished with pomegranate seeds as a side.