- 1200g of Sadia Whole Chicken
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Oranges, juiced and extra orange slices for garnishing.
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, extra thyme for garnishing
- 1/8 Cup of Honey
- 2 Tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Sadia Green Beans for serving
- First, clean the chicken and remove excess fat and place half an orange and thyme inside it. Tie the legs of the roasted chicken together with string and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Generously coat a deep cooking pot with butter to prevent the skin from sticking.
- Place the chicken in the deep pot breast side down. Pour your juice and honey mixture evenly over the chicken, making sure to coat it nicely.
- Place oranges around the chicken and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes on the stove while covering the deep pot.
- While the chicken is on the stove, preheat the oven to 220 degrees, then reduce to 200.
- After 25 minutes on the stove, flip the chicken over (breast side up). Spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pot and coat the breast and thigh areas. Garnish with thyme and orange slices.
- Uncover the pot and transfer it into the oven, allowing it to cook for another 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and skin is crispy. Check chicken every 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and spoon any extra juices from the pot over the chicken again. Serve with Sadia potato wedges and a fresh salad of your choosing!