- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast fillets and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breast fillets from the skillet and add onions and garlic to it. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, then add dried oregano and basil and stir together.
- Stir in the rinsed white rice and put back the chicken breast fillets in the skillet. Then add 3 cups of the chicken stock and stir gently to make sure chicken stock is evenly distributed.
- Bring to a simmer and turn heat down to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- If the rice is tender and the skillet is dry, then the dish is done. But if the rice isn’t quite done and the skillet is dry, add another 1/2 cup of stock, cover the skillet, and continue to simmer for a few more minutes.
- When the rice seems just about done, add the frozen garden peas to the skillet. They will thaw quickly.
- Transfer the rice to a big serving plate, add parsley, and serve warm.